I am a Reader in the Mathematics Education Centre at Loughborough University. I am currently funded by a Royal Society Dorothy Hodgkin Fellowship.
My research concerns the systems and processes that underlie numerical and mathematical abilities in adults and children. More specifically I am interested in:
- Domain-specific and domain-general influences on the development of mathematics ability.
- The Approximate Number System (ANS) in adults and children.
- Mathematical learning difficulties and dyscalculia.
- Conceptual and procedural understanding of mathematics.
- Mathematical difficulties in preterm-born children.
For more details of my research, please see the Projects page.